Tuesday 1 December 2009

Hands On Chair

When I first saw this design I thought it was not only an amazing but simple design, I thought it was also very clever. Seating sometimes can be a very public specticle and there has been plenty of times I've been out and about simply wanting a seat that you could sit on, relax and not have everyone staring at you on their way past. In my eyes this is the perfect solution to private seating in a public area. It can be for one on one or arranged so that a whole group of people can sit together.


Above is a picture of the chairs joined together, to create a private space by allowing the chairs to 'hold hands'. The sides of the chairs function as shutters that can be open, closed or connected to other chairs by way of magnets.

This chair has been created by designer Joon Soo Kim from South Korea. When I further tried to research this designer I found it quite difficult because as it turns out he owns a company with another designer and the 'Hands on Chair' was one of this first individual pieces of work.

If you want to look at more work by them go to their website at www.joonjung.com
They are Conceptual Product Designers based in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Their abstract level of design is mainly based on humans and everyday affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment