Wednesday 18 November 2009

Me, My Mum and Her Handbag

Nearly every girl out there loves buying or receiving handbags and having loads of them to chose from to match every outfit and fit every occasion....BUT recently, my parents came to visit me and my mum's new handbag caught my eye. It got me thinking, why do we really need multiples of the same style of handbag, with the only differences being the colour or pattern? Why do we need 3, 5 or 10 of the one style of bag? I know your thinking, well you answered that yourself, it's because we want different colours and patterns but when you see my mum's new handbag, you will understand why I began to ask these questions.


Above is a picture of my mum's ordinary looking handbag.

Below is a picture of why I asked the earlier questions.


The pattern on the bag can be removed to reveal the inner handbag shape. The cover attaches to the bag with strong magnets and can be removed and replaced as often as you want. I totally loved this! You simply choose the shape of the bag you want and buy whatever patterned or coloured cover you want and attach it to the bag. It's as easy as that! A really simple design that is so effective and quirky.


It kind of makes you wonder; what other everyday item could you modify/improve so simply and effectively? In a way it made me think, How come nobody else thought of this? It seems like such an obvious idea.

I just think this handbag concept is so quirky and intriguing. I have included some more pictures below:



No comments:

Post a Comment