Tuesday 26 January 2010

Avatar

When trailer's came out for this movie my boyfriend couldn’t wait to see it, at first I was sceptical but the more I seen the trailer the more excited I got too. At first I didn't really know what all the fuss was about but then it became clear to me that this movie was to be a new leap into 3D movie making and CGI using Motion Capture.

I looked up a few reviews to see what all was being said after it had premiered in London on the 10th December 2009, to discover if this movie had been hyped up more than it should have been. Overall there were mixed reviews. Hollywood Reporter's raved "Bottom Line: A titanic entertainment – movie magic is back" and went on to call the movie "a jaw-dropping wonder" and many more critics wrote lines of praise for this movie. However, there were some that said it was over rated, one even said "literally vomit inducing with some beautiful moments", and concluded the review with, "overall it's a horrible piece of shit". Quite strong words I think you'll agree.

So I went to see the movie in 3D on Friday 8th January. I didn't see any point in going to see the movie if I didn't see it in 3D, after all it was produced to be viewed in 3D.



I totally loved it from start to finish. The excitement itself of going to the cinema to see a 3D movie was enough to make you bias towards this movie but as it turned out the night wasn't let down by the movie at all. I thoroughly enjoyed Avatar and the length of it had me worried at first in case I would get bored half way through but apart from a slightly numb bum I had no complaints at all, as I was enthralled from start to finish.

Some have said that the plot of the movie was boring and could have been a lot better but in my opinion the amount of work and impressive CGI that was achieved, more than makes up for it. Even in saying that though, I personally really liked the story line.

Overall a must see and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment